Working individually, design and build a soundboard app concerning a topic of your own choosing. Build the app for a particular person, group, or organization, and get them to use it!
The app should be significantly more complex than the "I Have a Dream 2020" app you built as a tutorial. Check out this Rubric -- go through this checklist to make sure you have all elements!
Part of your task is to find or create the media you'll need for the app.
The app is required to contain:
- At least four pictures and four sound clips.
- At least one of your sounds and one of your images should be a URL (instead of uploaded)
- The use of at least two components and/or functions not in "I Have a Dream 2020" (this is where you make your app more complex)
Run your idea by your instructor and get his approval.
Here are some ideas, but feel free to create something totally different!
- A history lesson app, like "I Have a Dream", but with your own topic.
- An app with pictures of your friends or family members saying funny things-- maybe something for your grandmother?
- A soundboard playing notes from your favorite songs or favorite people and speeches.
- Educational software for kids, e.g., farm animal app
- A name that tune game that plays song notes and displays the song name (answer) after the user clicks a button.
- An app about your school/organization providing info about different places on campus.
- Complete the app as specified.
- Create a public portfolio page for this class following the design in the Sample Portfolio.
Create a project page for your app following this design in the sample portfolio. Your portfolio page should have a gallery with
one item only, a screenshot of your app that when clicked opens up the project page within your portfolio site.
- The project page should include all of the items in the template, including a 1-2 minute video showing your app in action.
- Submit a link to the PUBLISHED version of your portfolio on the Canvas project page.
Important: You will submit, on-line here at Canvas, a single link to your portfolio page. Your portfolio page will link to your project page for this app, and that project page will include a link to your Thunkable project page.
Check to make sure your portfolio page, app project page, and video page (e.g., youtube) are publicly available! Open a different browser, make sure you are not logged in to your gmail account, and see if you can open the pages.
Rubric -- go through this checklist to make sure you have all elements!